What NOT to eat:
1. Eliminate: food that contains lots of sugar, cakes, sweets and ice cream. The worst are baked goods like cookies and white flour, white bread and other sweets.
2. Eliminate sugary drinks, cola and fruit juices. You should switch to drinking water, herbal teas and drinks with artificial sweeteners.
3. Eliminate eating nuts. Nuts contain a large amount of fat in addition to large amount of salt.
4. Eliminate eating food that contains Iodine (Sushi, Seaweed salad.).
5. Eliminate as much as possible cow milk. Most of the cows that give us milk are pregnant during milking. The milk of these cows contains a large amount of progesterone like hormones. These hormones have a Dihydroxy testosterone (DHT) activity that makes acne worse.
What SHOULD you eat?
It is advised to eat more fish (salmon, tuna, sardines). These fish contain such important fatty acids Omega-3 may also benefit the skin and overall health. It’s also possible to take capsules containing these acids (fish oil).
It is recommended to drink plenty of water. You should start the day drinking water and continue to drink at least 8 cups of additional water during the day. Is chocolate bad for your acne?
Cocoa itself does not make acne worse. Nevertheless the sugar and milk in it can. If you want chocolate, look for low sugar chocolate containing a high percentage of cocoa (70%).
A study of 47 thousand women (!) In the U.S. showed that women who drank more than two glasses of milk a week was 44 percent more risk of getting acne than women who drank one glass of milk or less. There was no substantial difference between regular and skim milk. It is believed that unsweetened soymilk can be a good replacement. It was also found that women who reported eating more than her day of cottage cheese, cheese spreads over 30% fat, milk-based drinks being teenagers - had more It seems that excess of salt and iodine in severe acne. (The risk was 63 percent higher seaweed can be bad for your acne. than for the women who reduced these foods).
It is advised to avoid large quantities of vitamin B6 and B12. Using large amounts of both these vitamins have been shown in some cases to cause worsening of acne.