If you MUST pop up a big whitehead of a big pimple- here are some tips:
Things you need to know before you pop up an acne pimple:
1. The only kind of pimples that can be “popped” are pustules.
2. Wait until your acne pimple is firm and looks ready to burst.
3. Wash your hands well with soap.
4. Use a sterile needle. Alternatively, sterilize a fine sewing needle or a straight pin with a match or a lighter and allow it to cool.
5. Wipe the pimple with a bit of alcohol.
6. Hold the needle, parallel to the surface of your skin and pierce the tip of the pimple’s yellow center.
7. Find a cotton swab and gently press it around the pimple.
8. Be gentle- if the contents don’t come out easily, don’t force it!
9. Apply on the pimple an acne absorbing patch or a bit of Vaseline/Aquaphor.
10. Reapply the ointment after you wash your face or shower.
11. If using acne absorbing patch, no need to reapply. They usually last a few days.